Monday, November 25, 2019

Empowerment Through Health Access

By Josephine Asio, Program Coordinator


Life in the village can be complicated. In partnership with our supporters, Uganda Village Project offers access to education, services, and tools to make it easier to create a healthier future. Sometimes that comes in small steps, like a woman who can choose to control her own decisions to stay healthy and informed, even if those around her are not taking advantage of the same services.

Jane, a mother of three, who recently attended an HIV outreach shared her story:

"I would like to thank Uganda Village Project for bringing these services closer to our communities. Our village is far away from Namungalwe health center III (where she could receive services). My husband is married to two women, and being the first wife, I am not sure about my co-wife's HIV status. We all live in different places, making it impossible to encourage one another to come for testing. I have always encouraged my husband to come for testing but he does not want to do so. Because of the constant worry, I go for voluntary counseling and testing services whenever I get a chance to do so. Throughout the time UVP came to work in our village, I and my kids have benefited from all the services offered.”

Your support empowered Jane to take her health into her own hands. Thank you to all those who support UVP from near and far. Jane appreciates you!

DonateNow

Are you proud of the work you support? Share this email with someone to let them know you support access to health services for Jane!