Sunday, September 23, 2012

Stories from the Field: Fistula Patient's Success

By Maureen Nakalinzi 


As we approach her house, we find her waiting for us at the door. She informs us she was going to her stall in the trading center when Loy called, informing her of this follow-up visit. N. Maliza attended the fistula camp last year in December and luckily for her, the repair was successful. When she left the camp, she got a small loan from her friends at the trading center and restarted her vegetable selling business that she was forced to close down when she got the fistula. She says, “Every day when I wake up the morning to a dry bed, and when I pack my vegetables to go to the market, I thank God and Uganda Village Project for giving me a new lease of life and for reaching out to me when I had lost all hope."


No comments: